Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Assignment #8

Looking at the Technology Integration Matrix, I chose to look at the cell that describes an active learning environment for the students and the teacher is asked to infuse their teachings in this environment. The active learning and infusion level of the matrix on a shared level, is used to describe how one class creates a magazine. I thought this lesson was very engaging because they were asked to relate a real life scenerio to their own class lesson. The students magazine was based on literature and short stories where each student had a responsibility for the writing, layouts, advertisement, and pictures.
Using the NETS for Teachers, the specific standards that the matrix example addresses in regards to teacher skills is that it shows how to design, develop, and evaluate authentic learning experiences in the creation of the magazine from cover to cover. It also calls for the students to provide an assessment incorporating contemporary tools and resources (computers, internet, advertising, management) to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitude. In this case the teacher customize and personalized a learning activity to address students' diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources. This strategy is described in section 2-C of the NETS for Teachers.
Since the beginning of this instruction I feel as if my knowledge and comfortability of the use of technology has increased dramatically. I never once thought that I would be able to: 1.) Create a blog 2.) Create a website 3.) Develop the ability to "embed" 4.) Create a slidecast/podcast. These things to me were all extremely foreign and I wouldn't even know how to go about getting started to accomplish them. This being said, I feel as if I am at the Infusion category and I think that is being generous because I still think there is far more for me to learn. However, I do think that I have a much better attitude towards learning news skills in technology. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice assessment of yourself. Change begins with understanding your beliefs and attitudes.

    ReplyDelete